The Technical Support Engineer / Full Stack Developer role is the first point of technical support for City Hive’s merchants, distributors and suppliers as well as internal teams (Customer Success, Marketing, etc.).
You will be required to deliver in-depth technical support and strive to deliver a high level of resolution including hands-on software development to fix production bug in real time, in addition to performing data integration programming.
You will use all available knowledge tools, resources and ticketing system to meet the defined SLAs. You will be required to quickly diagnose and triage issues, resolve incidents and/or liaise closely with City Hive’s R&D teams. You are expected to have the technical and interpersonal skills to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Perform troubleshooting, modifications, analyzing system logs and debugging product code to identify and solve complex support issues that were escalated by other support levels.
- Hands-on programming fixing time-sensitive critical bugs and data integrations.
- Engage directly with clients to access, extract and load their POS data into the City Hive platform.
- Managing & monitoring data configurations in relation to POS systems.
- Conduct root-cause analysis for technical issues and find workarounds and solutions to be applied on production environments in real time.
- Maintain a low rate of non-bug escalations to R&D team.
- Ongoing support and working closely with the business teams throughout the company.
- Follow-up with customers on outstanding issues.
- 2+ years of experience in similar technical support and/or Data roles in SaaS companies – MUST
- 2 years of hands-on programming experience – MUST
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases as well as working familiarity with a variety of other data sources (APIs, raw files, etc.)
- Good familiarity with IT tools
- Creative troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to comply with tight deadlines and self-prioritize
- Multi-tasking, self-learning, highly motivated and a team player
Engineering @ City Hive
Our engineering culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution. Team sizes are kept small to encourage big contributions from each team member and promote meaningful collaboration and problem ownership. Our technology stack is diverse and fluid. We touch on all technologies and build modular components that interacts with each other.
What’s the stack?
We are here to solve business problem with high end technology.
We always embrace new technologies and processes to maintain our continuous growth, some of them are: Ruby on Rails, Python, Angular, Micro-frontends (web components), AWS, Cloudflare, Serverless Computing, Edge Computing, MongoDB, Cypress, CircleCI, New Relic, Apache Cordova, Redis and more.