Who are we:
City Hive is the leading omnichannel digital commerce and data platform, in the Beer, Wine, and Spirits Industry.
Our Merchant Partners use City Hive on a daily basis to increase sales, improve operations and sustain effective and measurable reach to their clients and partners.
City Hive combines mobile apps, websites, and advanced customer engagement into one, easy-to-use system. Big or small, new or old, we can start from scratch or augment existing operations into a show-stopping digital powerhouse.
We believe in an impact management approach where teams, squads, and individuals are given the opportunity to make big impact contributions across the breadth and depth of the company product and business.
We embrace a culture of innovation, passion, and a no-fear mentality when it comes to tech and business. We believe in an open environment and the ability of individuals to make an impact.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced commercial attorney to join our team. You will embed deeply in the business and work closely with partners in Business Development, Sales, and Product to provide thorough legal and strategic guidance. You have well-developed skills in negotiating commercial agreements, understanding and interpreting regulations, and understanding technology choices and privacy implications.
What you will do:
- Build out our in-house Legal function by designing new processes and implementing creative solutions to support our growth.
- Advise on/implement corporate governance and compliance (incl. monitoring corporate compliance matters and external reporting).
- Be involved in all aspects of the company’s legal conduct, including relations with employees, customers, and partners.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of inbound and outbound agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, marketing and referral partnership agreements, infrastructure and vendor agreements, and bank partner and financial infrastructure agreements.
- Identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks associated with complex legal issues in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- Identify, develop and communicate legal processes, playbooks, and workflows.
- Advise on corporate /business structure and legal entity structure, and M&A.
- Support negotiations on business contracts and transactions, as well on external claims.
What we are looking for:
- Membership in at least one state bar and ability to register as NY in-house counsel (NY Bar preferred).
- 3+ years of experience in corporate and commercial law, preferably advising technology companies or high-growth startups.
- Proven ability to understand complex business and regulatory issues and translate them into actionable guidance, including the ability to clearly communicate legal concepts to non-legal stakeholders.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to follow through, excellent organizational skills, and a solutions-oriented bias toward action and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Strong familiarity with financial services, privacy, and intellectual property law.
- Experience in B2B SaaS and/or alcohol /hospitality is a plus!